Like You've Never Seen Before
I am now ready to take on other class histories...to "package" their life over the past 10, 20, 30 or 40 years since the classmates walked down the aisle to get their diplomas and to venture out into the world on their own. Both of our class yearbooks have become keepsakes...not only for the class members themselves but for the entire community as well. What happened to the many teachers you had over the years?? This is a way to get to know them like you'd never expected to. I have also included the "history" behind the classmates whose ancestors settled the community.
Items to Include in Your Yearbook: (click on the TOC at left to view in a larger frame)
1. Biographies for both students and/or teachers.
2. Memorials and/or tributes to students, teachers, parents, etc.
3. Class group photos from kindergarten throughout high school, including senior photos.
4. Historical places
5. And many, many photographs.
A class blog, such as this one, could also be setup to update classmates on reunions, upcoming events, etc.
Your book would be tailor-made to your particular interests. You would choose how simple or complex the final commemorative book would become. I work on a time and materials basis: $25/hour to do the layout of each biography along with photographs, sent to me by fellow classmates. I can either provide a camera-ready document or have the books printed and shipped directly to your door.
Above and below are the covers of the two books I have published to date. Book one, The 40th Anniversary Cruiser, is approximately 220 pages with the second book, The 45th Anniversary Cruiser, at 280 pages. Both sell for $35 each with $5 for shipping and handling. These books are spiral bound enabling them to lay flat while read; hardback, bound books are also available.
The following is a questionnaire "example" of information the participating classmates would send to me for publication. I have also included classmates, and/or teachers, who have passed away since graduation, allowing fellow classmates to contribute history and/or photographs, tidbits of information, etc. as a tribute to the deceased classmates.
1. Where were you born (city and state or city and country)?
2. How old were you when you moved to "this town"? What grade were you in?
3. A funny story you’d like to share regarding memories of life in "this town".
4. Looking back, what was your favorite part of growing up in this town?
5. What is your favorite memory of special friendships or school activities?
6. Where did your parents work? Is that business still operating?
7. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Why?
8. What was your first job after graduation?
9. What do you want your fellow classmates to know about you?
10. What would they be surprised to know about you (at any time in your life)?
11. What are your hobbies and/or interests? Elaborate…
12. Who were, or are, your mentors? Why?
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
14. What’s been your favorite trip/vacation to date? Why? What’s next?
15. Were your ancestors early settlers of "your small town"? Please submit photos and information regarding their story, too.
16. Miscellaneous comments….please also submit a photograph(s) of yourself (newborn to current and/or of your family, pets, etc).
Memories of Teachers and/or Classmates who have passed:
1. List three words that best describe ____________.
2. When did you first meet him/her? How? Where?
3. What is your favorite memory of him/her?
4. What made him/her special?
5. What would you say to him/her today?
6. Do you have a favorite picture of him/her? (Please submit for each memorial/tribute page.)